Get flavorful, healthful dishes full of fresh vegetables, whole grain and/or legumes, delivered directly to your home or office!
It’s simple — Sign up for DDoW service, with a new online order form!
I offer two different, seasonal dishes each week, including marinated salads, soups, stews and pilafs. Most are dairy-free and often gluten-free as well. Two quarts is a typical order, enough to last a family 2 meals or a single person all week. Salads are marinated in my home-made vinaigrettes, so they keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 wks. Stews, soups & casseroles will keep and can also be frozen.
- Kamut Salad with diced kohlrabi, daikon, red cabbage, napa cabbage, carrot, and scallions in a bright lime cilantro vinaigrette (photo).
- Chipotle Black Bean Veggie Salad; Roast Beets & Lentils in Balsamic.
- Jamaican Jerk Stew w/ Sweet Potatoes & Collards; Vegan Mexican Posole; Ratatouille with Beans & Pesto, a typical Provencal stew of zucchini, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant that’s good cold or hot;
- Thai-spiced Stuffed Peppers; Jambalaya w/ TVP; Quinoa Mushroom Pilaf.
- Soups: Green Parsnip, Pumpkin White Bean; Farmer’s Market Chowder; Chinese 5-spice Root Veggie.
See Dish of the Week Menu Archive for a year’s worth of menus!
I use primarily vegetables in season from local markets and farms, supplemented by an organic wholesale source, co-ops and grocery stores. I use organic and non-organic produce, and mainly organic legumes & grains from Azure Standard (based in OR).
Base price is $10/quart. Minimum order is 2 quarts for any single destination. Choose 1 quart of each dish or, 2 quarts of one dish, as you wish. Delivery fee is $3.50 for inner metro, $4 certain suburbs. Therefore, a typical order of 2 quarts would cost $23.50. If you prepay for 4 deliveries, the price is $92-94.00 (depends on location). [If you request all-organic ingredients, your fee would be commensurately higher.]
Best Idea Ever: share a membership with office mates! Save time, gas & money and eat better by skipping the noon stampede to the strip mall or drive-thru. Your office counts as a single destination, therefore, a group of you can not only split the delivery fee, but also you receive the flexibility to order smaller amounts, such as one pint instead of 2 quarts. [The total order for entire office must be 2 quarts.]
Delivery days are Tue – Thu, unless by special arrangement. Your location will determine which day and which route. Many clients will leave a cooler on the stoop, or, directions to the office refrigerator in case they’re not around. Delivery within metro only. Note, some suburbs are out of my delivery area.
- Offerings in the autumn and winter include roasted vegetable salads, hearty soups and stews.
- You can special order larger quantities, too, say if you have a potluck to go to or houseguests coming.
- You can sign up for Coaching, and learn how to make these easy, healthful dishes yourself!
Place your order online and/or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You select the dishes and the weeks and payment method (check, cash or Paypal). We’ll arrange delivery day & time-frame by email. That’s it! You’ll get weekly email newsletter & alerts of upcoming dishes. You can order an entire month in advance.
The advantage of prepaying is that you pay only monthly instead of having to remember to leave me a check each time. I track your balance as it rolls forward and notify you when it’s time to renew. For me, prepaid “subscriptions” help immensely with estimating quantities to prepare. 25 vs 50 lbs of carrots? You get the picture. And, good estimates will be important as I develop relationships with local farmers.