That’s what your mouth has to look forward to in the next few week’s of Delivered Dishes of the Week! As usual, nearly all offerings are vegan, low-fat and gluten-free. Menus are based on what’s available at the Farmers’ Market; grains and beans are organic and from the co-op.
Sep 6 – 12
1) Deconstructed “California Roll” Salad. Vegan, no gluten. Refreshing marinated cukes, carrots, daikon, pickled ginger and avocado layered with sushi rice. Crunchy, chewy and low-fat.
2) Grilled Japanese Eggplant with Sesame Dressing. Vegan, no gluten. Simple and lovely, with a more delicate texture than the larger eggplants.
Sep 13 – 19
1) Roasted Beets with Mild Wasabi Dressing (on the side). Vegan, no gluten. An interesting twist on beet salad.
2) Black Bean & Peppers Salad in Chipotle Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette. Vegan, no gluten. The Southwest thing. Add a cheese quesadilla and you’re set.
Sep 20 -26
1) Roasted Cauliflower with Roquefort Dressing. No gluten. A popular dish from this winter reprised with locally grown cauliflower.
2) Curried Barley & Veggie Salad with Cranberries & Coconut. Vegan. Another hit from May’s DDoWC that received raves from summer catering clients. Barley contains the same cholesterol-lowering, water-soluble fiber as oatmeal, but is more versatile. It’s terrific in salads, pilafs, risotto and hot cereal. not just in soup. Please note, barley contains gluten.