Having just delivered Lemony Quinoa w/ Zucchini & Raisins and the Italian Black Bean Salad, I cannot imagine you will tire of these too soon, because frankly they’re terrific. However, if that does happen, here are ideas for using the left-overs in healthful and easy variations:
- Toss the quinoa into chicken/vegetable broth for an instant soup; or, add to an existing soup, like the Basic Lentil Soup pictured here.
- Saute fresh spinach, add the quinoa dish, squirt a little lemon juice and toss. Frozen spinach is fine too. Or try other greens, or green beans.
- Add the quinoa dish into scrambled eggs.
- Put some black bean salad into a food processor and puree, while adding a stream of olive oil. Season to taste (you might like more salt, vinegar/lemon, olives). Voila– an interesting spread for bread, crackers, veggies etc.
- Throw the black bean salad into a tomato pasta sauce, add more olives & crushed red pepper flakes, serve with pasta or polenta and cheese.
A NEW PAGE: Check out the new page I just added, “Dish of the Week Menu Archive”. This will be the Calendar of Record from now on, listing all past Delivered Dish of the Week menus and descriptions in order from present to past. I will still post the menus on the home page but, the new page is a better resource. And, now I feel more free to post other types of commentary & tips without worrying that readers won’t easily find the current DDoW. Let me know what you think.