Learn how to include more vegetables, whole grains and whole foods in your lifestyle — one dish at a time.
One Dish at A Time’s mission is to reconnect people with real food via flavorful dishes made with inexpensive, seasonal and local ingredients, and to improve community and individual nutrition and health.
“One Dish” specializes in tasty, inexpensive, healthful dishes, in particular, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free cooking, but also offers meats and other Paleo-friendly dishes. We buy from local farmers as much as possible during the season.
- Delivered Dish of the Week
- Catering & Personal Chef
- Customized Nutrition & Cooking Coaching, Hands-on Private Lessons
- Healthful Cooking Classes for small groups (through community ed and privately)
- Healthful Cooking Demos & Interactive Presentations for children and adults (discounts for community organizations!)
- Presentations on Nutrition, Healthful Foods, Cooking on a Budget
- Vegetarian, vegan
- Gluten-free, soy-free, sugar-free, low-glycemic and other dietary requirements
- Paleo diet (primarily meat & veggies, no or low carbs)
- Putting vegetables in everything
- Not putting sugar in everything
Tracy is a fully licensed caterer based in a professional tenant kitchen (GIA Kitchen) in St Paul. She received a Dietetic Technology degree from Normandale Community College, MN Food Safety certificate and a BA in communications (UMN-TC). She never went to cooking school but grew up cooking in a food-obsessed family, and has eaten her way through 20 countries. Tracy’s previous career was in marketing communications, event organizing and copy-editing, for both corporate and non-profit organizations.
Tracy currently serves as President of the Board of the Assoc of Universalist Women (AUW) affiliated with the First Universalist Church community. In the Twin Cities, she has volunteered with Free Arts MN, In the Heart of the Beast Puppet & Mask Theatre and Youth Farm and Market Project. You might see her singing in a choir or leading youth craft classes. For ten years Tracy called Hong Kong home, before returning to hometown Minneapolis.
To inquire about nutrition & cooking coaching, catering, birthday parties or public appearances, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
I had no beginning and I shall have
no end: the beam of light
stretches out before and behind
and I cook the vegetables
for a few minutes only,
the fewer the better. Butter
and serve. Here is my
philosophy: butter and serve.”
from “Ladies and Gentlemen in Outer Space”
by poet Ron Padgett