I cater events from small to large, from casual to elegant, and from appetizers to full meals. Besides special celebrations, I also provide tasty healthful meals for professional and community workshops, board meetings, staff retreats and more.
Do please check out additional Client Testimonials on this blog and on my Linked In profile.
SERVICES: I cater big and small events and offer “Full to Partial” service.
Full Service: I bring everything, I serve & clean up.
Partial Service: From shopping, cooking and delivering, to including setting it up.
Kitchen Wrangler: you have ordered food from somewhere and I do all the ‘hosting’ duties. This means setting up, serving & refilling, tidying kitchen, clearing plates, taking out the trash & recycling and being nice to your guests.
1) I mostly do buffets. If you have the inclination and $$, family-style service can be arranged. [No plated sit-down meals, sorry. You need an army.]
2) I will recommend & provision certain retail items when it makes more sense for your budget.
3) I try to use as much local and organic produce when in season and as it fits your budget.
FOOD: I cook anything that clients wish and also specialize in Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free and Paleo-friendly options. My menus have something for everyone!
Note: ok, I don’t make Mac ‘n Cheese or Fried Chicken. Not my thing. Also, I am not a baker — it’s that gluten thing. Besides, other people do it much better.
A Not-exhaustive List of Dishes for Reception Catering
Raw veggie platter (local when in season, organic on request) served with:
- Hummus Spreads (vegan): Traditional, Herb Pesto, Sun-dried Tomato, Black Olive, Guacamole or Chili Chipotle flavor.
- Vegan Specialty Spreads (low-fat, like fluffier hummus): Cilantro Lime; Wasabi Dill; Beet Horseradish; Cumin Carrot; Chermoula.
- Vegetarian & Vegan Dressing Dips: Herb Ranch, Creamy Curry, Cilantro Pistou, Chermoula, Tsatsiki.
- Cream Cheese Balls: Ginger Cranberry, Ginger Fig; Spicy Mango Chutney; Roquefort & Olives/Grapes/Bacon/ or Combo; Orange Olive Almond; Sun-dried Tomato; Basil Pesto; Olive; Mediterranean Combo.
Vegan Toppings for Bruschetta or Sandwiches: Black Olive Tapenade; Artichoke Olive Tapenade; Mashed Roast Eggplant; Garlicky Smashed White Beans w/ Sage or Basil; Thai Curry-flavored Mushrooms; and more.
- Roquefort Grape “Truffles” (GF, vegetarian)
- Maguro Tuna Sashimi Cubes in Wasabi Ginger vinaigrette (GF)
- Herbed / Peppery Cheesy Polenta squares (GF; vegan option available)
- Variety of Bruschetta
- Roasted Bacon-wrapped Dates (GF)
- Dark Chocolate-dipped Bacon (GF)
- Beef Meatballs in Thai Curry or Soy Molasses sauce
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts Skewers; option with bacon (GF)
- Stuffed Baked Mushrooms with variety of fillings (Chorizo, Spinach Parmesan, Olive & Mushroom Tapenade) (GF)
- Creamy Crab Dip (Horseradish Dill or Cilantro Lime)
- Sauteed Kalamata Olives w/ Garlic (Vegan GF)
- Roast Beet Skewers w/ Horseradish or Balsamic dressing (Vegan GF)
- Tomatoes or Mini-Peppers stuffed with Thai-curried Mushrooms (Vegan GF)
- Antipasto Platter (GF, vegan optional)
- Variety of Antipasto Skewers (GF)
- Chilled Gazpacho in Cucumber “shooters” (Vegan GF)
- Chilled Curried Coconut Celery Soup ‘shooters’ (Vegan GF)
- Chilled Gingery Beet Soup shooters (Vegan GF)
- Caramelized Onion Puff Pastry squares w/ goat cheese or roquefort and toppings (mango chutney, bacon, sweet potato, roast beet, nuts, herbs, or Indian spices. (Vegan option available; not GF).
- Spicy Lentil Mini-Samosas (Vegan)
- Spanakopita Triangles (Vegetarian)
BUFFET MAINS – MEATS & FISH
- Roast Beef or Pork in choice of sauces: Spicy Soy-Molasses, Asian Lime, Sesame Ginger, Moroccan Chermoula, Harissa, Portobello Wine, Cubano, Smoked Paprika or Coconut Curry. (GF)
- Braised Chicken in same choice of sauces, plus Dijon Tarragon, Capers & Peppers, and West African Mafe sauce (GF)
- Coq Au Vin (GF)
- Pan-fried Cod or Tuna with Chorizo Vinaigrette (GF)
- Baked Salmon (GF)
- Burrito Bar (includes meat, vegan, GF options)
- Gourmet Sandwich Bar (ditto)
MAINS – VEGETARIAN & VEGAN
- Roast Squash & Bell Pepper Pie with/without Goat Cheese (GF option avail)
- Salade Nicoise & variations
- “Samosa” Pie (vegetarian or spiced beef/lamb)
- Roast Ratatouille & Polenta (Vegan GF)
- Eggplant Moussaka (Vegan GF; has tvp)
- Sweet Potato Mafe Stew w/ Beans (Vegan GF)
- Green Tamale Casserole (Vegan GF)
- Braised Tempeh in wide variety of sauces (see above) (vegan, GF)
- Bell Peppers stuffed with Curried Mushroom Rice (vegan)
SIDES – VEGAN
- Garlicky Black-eyed Peas & Swiss Chard/Kale (GF)
- Rum Molasses Chipotle Baked Beans (GF)
- Sauteed Collard Greens/Kale with Red Peppers & Raisins (GF)
- Roast Ratatouille (vegan GF)
- Roast Sweet Potatoes with Lime & Cilantro; with Black beans (Vegan GF)
- Succotash (GF)
- Lemony Quinoa Pilaf with Zucchini & Raisins (GF)
- Basil Quinoa w/ Arugula (GF)
- Chickpeas & Barley with Olives & Fresh Mint (not GF)
- Moroccan Millet w/ Sweet Potato (GF)
- Romesco Rice/Millet/Quinoa
- Indian-style Kasha Pilaf w/ Spiced Walnuts
- Kasha/Quinoa & Mushroom Pilaf
- Curried Barley Salad with Cranberries & Sugar Snap Peas
- Yin Yang Rice & Vegetable Salad
- Vegan Herbed Potato Salad, variety of dressings
- Quinoa Salad with Pears, Green Beans & Horseradish Dressing
Refreshing Minty Quinoa Radish salad (kohlrabi in season)
- “Jewel” Slaw in Cilantro or Sesame Ginger Dressing
- “Firecracker Slaw” in Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette (carrot, beet & apple)
- Watermelon Feta Salad w/ Mint
- Balsamic Lentil & Roast Beet Salad
- Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad (option feta cheese)
- Chipotle Black Bean & Pepper Salad
AND MANY more vegetarian entrees and sides than can fit on this page! (See DDoW Menu Archive for more ideas)
SWEETS – VEGAN
- Coconut Cream Haupia Pie (in pans or mini) (vegan GF)
- Autumn Harvest Crisp – GF or regular oats (Ginger Apple Pear Prune combo) (pans only)
- Baked Pears in Maple Syrup (GF)
- Kheer Coconut Milk Rice Pudding (GF)
- Chocolate Pudding (vegan)
SWEETS – with Dairy:
- Fruit “Fool” with fresh mint (GF)
- Quinoa Fruit Parfait (GF)
- Fruit Platter w/ yogurt honey dressing (GF)