Aunty Oxidant is going to be all over the metro in the next 3 weeks, doing demos and teaching various classes.
SAMPLING & DEMOS IN OCTOBER:
- Sat Oct 13th, MN Food Assoc. Harvest Party, Marine-in-St-Croix (near Stillwater)
- Sat Nov 3rd, GIA Kitchens Food Fair, St Paul.
- Sat Nov 10th, Resource Fair, Food Allergy Support Group MN (FASGMN), Hopkins
[Alas, demos at Farmers Markets are over, since the satellite markets will be closing soon. Boo hoo! ]
UPCOMING COOKING CLASSES — REGISTER NOW!
- Oct-Nov: basics with teens of St Paul East Side Boys & Girls Club, thru Free Arts MN program.
- Oct 29th, Meatless Monday Garden Supper, at Harvest Moon Co-op, Long Lake.
- Nov 3rd, Healthful Holiday Sides, at Inver Grove Hts Community & Fitness Center.
- Nov 7th, Healthful Holiday Sides, Robbinsdale Community Ed at Robbinsdale Middle School.
I’ll be posting more details about these events and classes shortly.
Meanwhile, I just had to share these great photos I received today of me, handing out samples at last month’s Farm 2 School Community BBQ hosted by Mpls Public Schools’ Dept of Culinary & Nutrition Services. (See Sep blog posts.) Since Aunty Oxidant has no sidekick*, I rarely get photos of myself despite doing these events all the time.
Pic #1: prepping samples of Blanched Carrot & Kale Salad in Orange Ginger Vinaigrette. The other tray on left side displayed cups of Roast Ratatouille — on the table is the big tub I had brought.
Pic #2: lovely close up of the beautiful, super-food Carrot Kale Salad. A perfect autumn side dish that keeps a week and can be extended w/ beans or quinoa, etc. See Recipe page.
[Thanks to MN Dept of Health and Family Support for the photos!]
*I did rope a friend into a sidekick gig once, and had her wear a giant 7 ft corn costume at the farmers’ market. It proved hard for her to hand out samples without knocking people on the head. Note to self: make smaller costumes.