Summer Potluck Season is upon us! With that in mind, here are the next 3-4 weeks of the Delivered Dish of the Week Club. 1 qt is enough for a 10-12 person potluck (1/3 cp each). If a bigger event, order more!
Also, you’ll start to see more locally grown veg in salads, as they become plentiful at farmers’ markets. Hopefully, radishes will appear soon. MARKET ALERT: Local Strawberries are here!
NEXT WEEK: JUNE 6 -12
1) Sesame Soba & Whole Wheat Noodle Salad. Vegan. Noodles, some shredded veg and a creamy tahini “Annie’s Goddess” type dressing. Pls notify early if you would like all-soba noodles, ie no gluten.
Thai Green Beans (photo by Brad Dahlgaard)
2) Thai Green Beans. Vegan. Eat hot or cold. I’ll put crushed peanuts in a separate baggie.
1) Rum-flavored Baked Beans. Vegan. Dark and rich-tasting thanks to the rum & molasses sauce. A big hit at a catered BBQ. Serve hot in a crockpot; although I think it would be fine at room temperature, too.
2) Herb Pesto Potato Salad. Vegan. Will include some crunchy veggies. No mayo — it can sit out on the picnic table all day!
1) Black-eyed Peas Salad in Cilantro Tamarind dressing. Vegan.
2) Kasha Pilaf with Toasted Walnuts and Scallions. Vegan. Kasha is a popular name for buckwheat groats, ie unhulled unprocessed grains. Nicely nutty. Buckwheat is misnamed and contains no gluten.
JUNE 27- JULY 3
Let others bring the white & blue while you bring the RED.
1) Roast Beet & Lentil Salad in Balsamic. Vegan. A very popular and incredibly beautiful dish. People who think they don’t like beets are usually won over.
Fireworks Salad (red rice & veg). Vegan, no gluten!
2) Red Rice & Crunchy Veg Salad with Cranberries. Vegan. By this time there should be fresh green peas, radishes, daikon and corn at the market? Then I’ll call it Fireworks Salad.
Click here to learn more about Delivered Dish of the Week Club, its terms and fees. To sign up for the Club and to place orders, just contact me with your name and address for delivery, and I’ll get back to you right away.